Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 16 stabilization

Yesterday was good. I ate all I wanted when I wanted. I just had to eat different things in order to not gain, which I didn't. I lost .2 lb.

I had a deviled egg after I made them. I had to test one! And I did get in 1/2 hour of Wii. Even though it was a couple of hours after my piece of white pizza I had for dinner, I was still so full, some of the Wii was uncomfortable to do...like the hula hoop.

Later, I did have a glass of wine, and I did have a protocol chocolate or two.

The Wii was quite funny today. It said I lost 126 lb. and reached my 'goal' early! I had a BMI of like 1.6. HA! I don't know why it needed to be rebooted, but it did.

So, yesterday, I went to a birthday party where the most decadent cupcakes were available. I didn't have any. We went to Appleton (an hour drive), where we might have gone out to eat at a restaurant worth going to. We didn't. It's just to iffy in stabilization, especially when it has been so odd. I'm going to venture a guess and say unless something special comes up before my birthday in April, we likely won't eat out until then.

By the end of March, I hope to be stabilized toward the lower end of that 2 lb. leeway in either direction from the last hCG weight. I've decided without a doubt that I do NOT want to be 116 as per the Wii, but perhaps by the end of summer I can slowly get down to 124, which is currently 10 lb. If I can stabilize closer to 132, it will be 8 lb. That's not worth doing another 'round', especially if my body now will respond the way it's supposed to. I won't know that until I try traditional methods of shedding...exercising more and dropping my calories to below 1200. Well, for me it will likely be a little lower; closer to 1000. In any case, it's a novel concept that it might actually work for me. I can't remember a time when it did, but everything is different now, so we'll see.

Later-

I had an apple in the a.m., 2 deviled eggs and 2 oz. of cheese for lunch, followed by about 4-5 strawberries. I've drank water all day. I was going to have tuna or the chicken pecan salad for dinner, but the eggs called, so I had the same thing for dinner I had for lunch. Meh. Sue me. I never claimed to be a paragon of virtue, and besides, the pyramid of nutritional death is what made me fat and UNhealthy, so while I'm a little sad I didn't eat a veggie today, I'm not going to eat one when I'm not hungry just to say I ate one.

I did an hour and a half of yoga, and I feel great. According to FitDay, I've eaten just under 1200 calories and can eat over 2000. That isn't going to happen. And I'll be going to get 1/2 hour or so of Wii in after I'm done here.

However, one subject has been coming up for people who are moving into stabilization, and it ties into what would be seen as my horrible nutritional intake today...by 'traditional' standards.

Convention tells us there are good fats and bad fats and we need those whole grains...rice and wheat and soy. Again, I say 'meh'. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that if we ate more like we were built to eat...yes to things we would hunt or gather...nuts, seeds, berries, other seasonal and regional fruits, ditto for the veggies...we'd be healthier. I know we'd be less huge.

So people get hung up on what they 'should' eat when they move into stabilization. They think they need to concentrate on lots of low fat meats and large amounts of veggies. If I did that, I'd start gaining. I have learned that for me to stay where I am, I need to eat fats and proteins and keep the carbs very low and the sugars at almost nil.

Some studies are coming out that vindicate Atkins. There are now books that echo what he was saying years ago...like Primal Blueprint and The Paleo Diet and Good Calories Bad Calories. It's not fat that makes us fat...not even animal sources of fat. It's the sugar and refined grains that mess with insulin levels, which is also what makes us sick.

Now, lots of people don't want to hear that, and that's ok. Lots of people want to say hCG doesn't work for weight loss either. They keep trying to interrupt me while I'm doing it. I don't ask that anyone else believe it or do it, but if they lose the weight with the Simeons protocol and go back to eating a diet high in carbs...including organic brown rice and sprouted grain bread...they will very likely gain it back. If they think their body won't pack on pounds because they eat organic maple syrup on the whole wheat pancakes instead of maple flavored sugar syrup on freezer waffles, they can go right ahead and see how that works for them. I ate 'healthy' like that for 20 years and got fatter every year.

I am NOT saying that no one can eat like that without gaining. I know lots of people that can. What I am saying is that for people who must resort to something like the Simeons protocol to finally fix their bodies so they can lose weight probably can't go back to conventional thinking to keep it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment