Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 18 stabilization

Still a lb. away from steak day, and lots of factors could be contributing to this little uptick.
I know I ate right yesterday, and I got some great yoga in, along with house cleaning and teaching, which always makes me sweat.
BUT that period still looms (and from experience we know that could last a week or more) AND I probably didn't drink enough water after about3 or 4 pm AND I didn't get to bed until about 11:30 pm, only to have some IDIOT from Maryland call us at 4:40 am and scare the bejebus out of us. Any call at 4:40 am can't be good. The fact that it was a wrong number or whoever called us changed their minds doesn't negate the fact that now we are up and the adrenaline is pumping. Because I didn't sleep well the last couple of nights (I'd wake up at like 3 am because I was dreaming about work) I was able to go back to sleep. Dave just got up because his alarm goes at 5:10 anyway. Well, it did again, meaning I then woke up abruptly at 5:10 and again at 6 (I don't know why…I heard a noise?) and again at 7...wondering why my alarm didn't go off, which is ultimately why I got up then. I figured if it didn't go off I must have set it for pm instead of am or something and if I fell asleep I'd miss appointments. But no, I had just set it for 7:30 so it hadn't gone off YET.
I've had perhaps 10-12 hours total restful sleep in the last 3 days, which for me is not enough. I would attribute the weight gain to that mostly.
However, since I'm still a lb. under the mandatory steak day limit, I'm not too concerned. I'll go about today a little like yesterday…yoga, chiropractic (which I thought was supposed to be yesterday, but I was wrong) the business side of teaching, a few appointments and prep for tomorrow and Friday (because they are PACKED and I won't have time to breathe those days) and history class tonight.
Tomorrow, I cannot see time for yoga at all.
Friday, perhaps short form after work.
Sat. perhaps super long form.
Oh, and last night I did have the chicken/pecan salad for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment