Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 31 stabilization

Egg day was...an egg day. Nothing special. I went to work, I ate 5 eggs. I couldn't gag down the sixth. Today I'm down 2 lb. It's something. It's not the 2.4 I gained the day before. It's not the 3.5 I gained cumulatively over the several days prior. But it is something.

For the next two days at least, it wouldn't matter if I were close to the last hCG weight. I can't do anything about it, at least until Friday. Nor would I. I'm just going to not worry about it.

I've had a couple of people comment on how 'brave' I am to do this program...considering it's not FDA approved and all...so I'd like to comment on that today. I also have a couple of book reviews to post, but that will have to take a backseat to my research paper (which I will also post) and reflection paper due tomorrow.

Anyway, about being 'brave' for using a 'drug' that isn't approved by the FDA.

hCG is not a drug. It is a glycoproteic hormone like (thyroid stimulating hormone or TSH). It is not approved for weight loss, but not because it's dangerous. We take 125-175 IU per day for a limit of 40 days at a time. It is out of the body in 3 days. In pregnancy when the body creates it, it is made in amounts between 500,000 and 1,000,000 IU per day...each and every pregnancy. That means any woman who has been pregnant a couple of times has had more hCG in her system than will EVER be in anyone using hCG for weight loss. Are those women brave?

In fertility treatments (FDA approved) it is used in dosages of 1,000-4,000 IU at a time for men, and 5,000-10,000 IU at a time for women.

It is not FDA approved because the FDA says it doesn’t work. Thousands of people have proven that they are wrong. The study they used to determine this was flawed because the parameters were changed...just like if people change the Dr. Simeons' rules in clinics now. If you change it, it won't work. Besides, the FDA are the wise people who gave us Vioxx and a multitude of other what turned out to be killing/maiming agents. For instance, Cytotec isn't approved by the FDA for use in labor induction either (it's an ulcer drug used off label) and it's proven to be dangerous, yet it is used all the time. In fact, lots of drugs are. I repeat, however, that hCG is not a drug. Given the track record of the FDA though, I'll take common sense and science vs. a corrupt and morally bankrupt government agency.

In addition, hCG is approved for lots of stuff and being looked at for other stuff, like reducing the risk of breast cancer.

I don't consider myself 'brave'. I consider myself lucky to have found something that works after 20 years of thinking I was just a failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment