Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 25 stabilization

Let's see...never did get the Wii in. The day got away from me and I ended up rushing at the end. My history paper, while I'm happy with it, took more research than I intended, and my procrastination and lack of business acumen meant I was scrambling to get my recertification requirements assembled.

At some point I grabbed a sugar free pudding cup.

I left for the class I had to teach with a handful of macs and a frozen piece of chicken I attempted to defrost on my heating vent (fail, BTW) and an apple. I ate those before class, and during class shared some of the pistachios I brought for the pregnant moms and dads.

Had a glass of wine when I got home.

I was down .7 lb. today, about .1 of a pound away from that 'normal' line again.

Today so far I've had coffee and the usual 2 slices cheese and 3 pieces of bacon.

On the agenda today is some more research for a different purpose, yoga, hypnosis appointment and a 4 hour class tonight for which I have some reading.

I was very excited yesterday! I went bathing suit shopping on eBay a couple of weeks ago. I bid on a bunch of suits, and actually won several for like $5. One is going to Goodwill, but the others I actually LIKE on me! THE most exciting part though, was that there was one I really, really liked. My dau even said that it looked like 'me', and it did. I was willing to actually pay more for it; it was perfect for me and it was new. I only had to pay about 1/2 of what I was willing to pay, and it arrived yesterday. I LOVE IT!

This is HUGE! I have not owned anything but a plain black one-piece, with a skirt, for years. Well, briefly there was a weird one piece tan fake suede looking thing I got when we won a cruise and couldn't find a darn thing that fit because I was shopping 'off season'. In any case, I had them but only wore them if I HAD to, and then when as few people as possible could see me.

Granted, these are all one-pieces or tankinis that cover the belly...I have grown an entire human being inside me after all, and she did leave marks. But they are so pretty! And they are actually flattering! Let me rephrase that: I actually look good in them! I have a choice in summer attire!

I also went to a different Goodwill than my usual yesterday, and I have to say, all Goodwill stores are not created equal. This one didn't have the quality or selection I find at my local store, nor were the prices nearly as good. I did find a brand new Ann Taylor shirt for $6, and a couple of dress jackets for work, but otherwise, I was not impressed.

I find that after shopping at Goodwill out of necessity (because I was shrinking out of stuff so fast) I actually prefer it now. I go into Kohl's and find a pair of pants I really like, and they are reasonably priced at $40 or so, but I think, "I'll probably see those exact pants at good will, preshrunk and a sure fit, at Goodwill for like $4 next week." Sure enough, that's what happens. I guess I prefer to save the $36, 'support the mission' and get the tax break for the turn around since the rule is something goes back if something comes in.

Oh! My appointment is in 40 min. and I'm not at all ready! Time to stop rambling and get to work!

1 comment:

  1. We want to see pics of you in the suit! Thats great that you found some your feel wonderful in!

    ReplyDelete