Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Stabilization day 38

I had a comment on yesterday's post, and I did approve it to go up, but when I came on to comment to that observation, it isn't here.

The person commenting said they were on stabilization too, in their first round of protocol, and that they too were having a steak day every 3 days or so. She observed it had to level out sometime, right?

Yes.

I will say the hundreds of testimonials on line helped me believe that the first time I did this. The fact that it worked...and worked the next two times too...helped cement that expectation last time and this time. That is part of what makes it frustrating that it is difficult this time.

But one of the most important things I've learned having done this is that as my body changes, I have to change my behaviors. I have just not figured out what works for me this time. I have to keep trying different calorie counts and different foods since what worked before isn't working now. I have to do it in such a way that I can live my life the way I want and not feel deprived, yet not gain weight.

I'm really at a place now where I might do one or two more steak or egg days, but I'm actually not sure if I will. I'm up .2 lb. today. I'm only like .4 lb. away from another adjustment. I may just let it go and see what happens.

Yes, it is comforting to know I could do another round, but I don't want to fall on that as my maintenance plan. I want my life to support my new shape. However, considering that the weirdness of the last round might be what's made this difficult, I'm willing to do it again to see if things work better next time.

I've only officially got a few more days of this stabilization/maintenance phase, and then we'll see. I may just live my life without being so obsessive about it for the next three weeks and then try again. I know I should actually wait until like July or August. If the next three weeks go well, maybe I will. But if I start growing out of stuff because eating Primal and moving more isn't working like it should, I know myself well enough to know I won't just keep growing all summer. I'll have to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment