Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 7 stabilization

My first week of three down, but I will say it's been a challenge.

Today I'm back up like 1.4 or 1.6. Whatever the number was, it put me up to exactly the 2 lb. over mark. But here I have to make a judgment call on two counts: (TMI for some people follows) One, I can't recall that my body did any 'house cleaning' yesterday at all. And while I certainly ate within the limits of the amount of food I should be able to eat, especially with the amount of movement I did, it was a decent amount of food that should have been 'processed' by now. Two, I am sore beyond sore today. That 90 min. of yoga was even harder than I thought, and with the brisk hour of walking, my muscles worked. When muscles are sore like that, they are healing/repairing. We build muscle by damaging them just a little by pushing them beyond capacity. As they repair, they build a little bit extra to serve us better in the event we are going to make a habit out of needing that little bit more. While muscle does weigh more than fat, it's too soon for muscle to show up on the scale...but the water does.

Since I actually feel a little smaller, and I've stuck to the rules and had no sugar no starch (I grated the Asiago, Parm and Mozzarella for the pizza last night to avoid the starch in pre-grated cheese) all week...even at an event with yeasty, starchy, sugary goodness...so I'm going to assume that this isn't actually a gain, but a result of the factors mentioned. It may come back to bite me in the ass, but if I'm wrong, and I actually go over the 2 lb. mark tomorrow, I'll do a steak day. I actually may anyway even if I remain the same just because we have the steak and it's a close call. We'll see.

Later-

FitDay estimates I've eaten about 1600 calories and can consume up to about 2000 because I did about 45 minutes of yoga. I'm going to go get some Wii in after I'm done here too.

In any event this is how the day shaped up:

Breakfast-3 slices bacon and 2 oz. cheese. Coffee with cream.
Lunch-Handful of macs and a handful of strawberries.
More coffee in afternoon, and two cups Smooth Move tea
Dinner-one chicken breast (less than 200 g.)with swiss and bacon and a tossed salad.
Water, water, water, water.

It's 7 pm and after Wii, I may have a glass of wine and/or a cocoa bite of goodness.

I'd been looking at past stabilization periods trying to figure out what the deal is, and I think I figured it out!

As I was dumping a handful of vitamins out to take (C,D, multi, pro-biotic, mag/cal, potassium...it was a handful) it occurred to me that while I had taken vitamins as soon as protocol was over every time, I'd gotten lazy about reading labels. We don't purchase a particular brand; what if the brands this time or the last time had sugar or starch? I had a huge handful twice a day.

Sure enough! Everyone of them (store brand) had cellulose, starch and/or sugar! So then I tried to remember if the days I remembered to take them all were worse than other days. I can't recall.

So, I'm cutting those out. I suspect tomorrow will be a steak day, unless the Smooth Move evens stuff out. I'm hoping it does so that even if I bump over, it's not too bad.

I did take my first round of vitamins this morning if I recall, so if that's it, I will certainly need the steak day. I'll just have to cut them out and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment