Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 32/Day 4

I think I'm just going to move onto what day I'm in regarding stabilization and maintenance. I'm getting confused trying to keep track of both.

Well...finally something worked exactly like it was supposed to! The steak day brought me down 2.6 lb. today!!! Oh happy day! I am finally over the line and 'NORMAL'! Like I said yesterday, I was according to the work scale, but the Wii has been my constant companion.

I'm sticking to mostly proteins for a few days until I know this is under control. I don't want to do another steak day if I don't have to, even if the payoff is nice. Not eating all day isn't torture; I didn't get a headache or anything. I managed fine. It's just work to keep yourself constantly distracted. And if I were to have one of those days when Dave is gone, I would have to modify somehow, which makes it tricky. I may have to play with my options to see what might work.

Anyway, my menu right away is...nothing. I'm going to take coffee to work (with cream!) but I only have one appointment, then some errands to run. I know I'll be home by lunch, but I'll take an apple and some nuts anyway (if we have apples...may have to put that on the list of errands). Neither is the strict protein I intend to eat all day, but I'm only taking them because they are portable, in the event that I need emergency food if I do get held up. I don't want to eat something forbidden simply because it's all I can find. Otherwise, I won't be touching them.

That's a very important strategy to begin on protocol and to continue forever. A lot of people don't eat when they have healthy food available, then when they are hungry, they eat what's handy, which is usually not good for their health or pants. We went for a hike once and stopped at a coffee shop on the way thinking we could all get a snack. In addition to coffee, they had ice-cream, biscotti, fudge, candy, chips, soda...not ONE thing in this huge place was a protein source. NOT ONE. Everyone else got stuff, but I went across the street to the gas station and got a little bag of cashews. I wasn't on protocol and was just past stabilization/maintenance so I could have had anything. But I knew that if I went hiking after dumping simple sugar into my system like that, on an empty stomach, I'd be in trouble. I wanted protein with a little bit of carb. Nuts were perfect. You'd be surprised how often you go to a restaurant or event where food is served, to find not one veggie, no nuts, no cheese...just everything wrapped pastry, lots of sweets and of course breads. My motto now is if it isn't SPECTACULAR bread, it's not worth it.

11:30 a.m. -ish

I actually didn't get to eat...nor drink much water...until just now. I stopped to visit some friends at Marian University when I picked up my book for my next class and it was so nice to see them! I missed them very much. It will be odd to not be working with them this spring.

Since I just planned to drop in and say hi, not bug them for an hour, I didn't eat anything before I went in. By the time I got back to my car, I was feeling pretty hungry! When I got home I had 4 pieces of bacon (3 and some scraps, but I'm rounding up), about 2 oz. of caraway farmer's cheese and an apple. FitDay puts that at just under 700 calories, so around half of my daily allotment if I'm going for 1,200 to 1,400 to see if the lower calorie total what I need to maintain, or if it is food specific. I'll drink lots of water this afternoon, I'm not thinking I'll have any more coffee. I'd like to do the chicken/pecan/blue cheese salad tonight, but I need to go shopping, which I'd have to do after work when I'm hungry. That's a bad idea. Before work I have to go to the DMV and then back to work for 3 more appointments, so I really can't run over there now unless I hit at different store that's closer. I guess I could do that.

Anyway, at this point I don't see that it will be a problem to keep the calories down where I want them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment