Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 5-Stabilization

For this round, calling this phase 'stabilization' is a misnomer.

I gained 1.3 today! I have no clue why. I had one fruit-an apple early in the day-no snacks, came in well under the calorie count, didn't eat anything after dinner. There is no explanation I can see for this except for Dave's comment about 'spooky behavior' when he also gained today. He had a busy day yesterday, ate small amounts of good food all day, played ball. He's never gained after a day like that in the 6 months he's been tracking. He always loses after basketball.

When he mentioned spooky behavior, I asked him if he had changed the batteries in the Wii; we'd both been getting messages that the batteries are low. Both of us were trying to eek out all the power we could get, so neither of us has changed them. I'll do that later today when I go down to basement for yoga, which BTW, is what I think kept me so stable in the past. I did Wii a lot, but it was yoga I did consistently. This time I'm already getting up so early I didn't want to get up even earlier...like 4 am...to get my yoga in.

Currently I get up two hours before I have to leave the house. I spend the first hour getting a couple of cups of coffee in, seeing what's going on in the world and journaling. The next hour I spend getting ready for work in a fairly leisurely way, including packing food and organizing any errands I'll need to run. I really like it this way. To get 90 min. of yoga in before work, I'd have to get up at 4 am if I wanted to keep the basics of this routine. I'm already ready for bed by about 9 pm these days. Hell, if I get up earlier, I'll be going to bed before the sun goes down here soon. Since I'm not willing to run the 'getting ready' time (I find that things get forgotten and accidents tend to happen when people are rushed and distracted instead of deliberate and mindful) I perhaps should shorten my 'me' time, get in one less cup of coffee and complete the short form (40 min.) yoga. I'll see what happens tomorrow, and then figure out my new routine to start on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment