Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 18

Today was my first zero day. It was inevitable, but still a bummer. However, since I sort of actually expected a gain with the shoveling yesterday, I'm good with that. I haven't looked outside to see if I have to do it again today. It was snowing last night when I got home at like 10 pm.

I got to bed late last night too because I got on Facebook when I got home. I was too geeked to sleep, tired as I was. I had guests in class last night; two HypnoBirthing families to share their wonderful stories. It was really great o see them again!

But then this morning, I didn't want to get up! That's not abnormal for me. I really do like to stay up later and sleep in. But I know that when I wake up when my body wakes me up instead of when an alarm goes off, I do better with my weight.

Other variables I know could be messing with me (besides sore muscles, too little sleep and just that fact that I'm almost 3 weeks in where release tends to get inconsistent), leaving me a little annoyed but not concerned (woman's wisdom about to be shared...may be TMI for guys): breast tenderness continues and now there's spotting. Could be there will be nearly two weeks of this and I'll start on time, or it could be my cycle is just messed up and will come early. It feels like the latter. I know that can stall me for days...or even show up as gain...be cause there is usually a 3-5 lb. swing that leaves as quickly as it shows up.

Today, on the agenda, only have two appointments, spread way apart. In fact it's the first available appointment of the day, and the very last available appointment of the day. I have HypnoBirthing and hypnosis business to take care of today, as well as cleaning my house that's falling apart around me, and depending on what I find outside when I look, more shoveling. That's my exciting day. I'll eat the same things I've been eating. I may actually need to go shopping today if tomorrow looks too full to fit it in. I don't want to be caught without protocol food!

In fact, I should share what happened last night. Between the macs I had after shoveling, and the appetite suppressive qualities of exercise (note: I wasn't hungry after shoveling...I was shaky, wiggly and weak and would have had something a little sweet if I could have) I wasn't hungry when I had to go to class. Well, that and life got a little nuts between the time I came in from shoveling and the time I had to leave for class. My daughter (age 18) had been prescribed a medicine, but has never taken a pill. She was having issues. Then my sister called to share some news and I was on the phone with her at the same time. All the while, I'm changing my clothes, gathering teaching aids, loading my car, packing my dinner which I'd planned to eat before I left, but wasn't hungry for.

On the road, I decided that if I didn't eat then (almost 6 pm) I wouldn't have a chance until 9:30 pm, which I didn't want to do. That would surely show up as a gain. So I ate it in the car. My chicken was still frozen. Yuck. But I ate it even though I wasn't hungry so I wouldn't be starving later, and so I wouldn't eat right before bed.

3:30 pm

About an hour ago I was hit by a 'OMG I'm starving!' moment. I had a few macs, made some decaf and drank a bunch of water and I'm good now. I'm taking my apple and cuke slices with me for my last two appointments. I'll have my protein selection and my melba when I get home. I'm actually thinking may save the cukes for tomorrow and have chili tonight, now that I think about it.

I was so hungry at that point a little while ago that I was actually weak and nauseated and thought perhaps I should take my temp in case I was coming down with something. It hit me that hard and fast. Normal temp. I still think a hot bath tonight is a stellar idea, along with early bed. The next couple of days are pretty busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment