Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 28

Let's see; I continued to eat per protocol all day. I was really hungry by dinner because I got held up for longer than expected.

Today I got up late and had to pull everything together for the class I was teaching. I had an apple and some macs because I didn't want the house to smell like chicken and cabbage or something with a pregnant mom's sensitive nose (and perhaps tummy) coming in for the day. By the time I was done teaching, I was VERY hungry and did have that chicken and cabbage. Now I'm drinking coffee.

This a.m. I was down .4 lb. and my underwear are too big.

I still will be eating protocol for the duration of the night, though I know from experience that I may be very, very hungry if I end up staying up late. I may need a little something hi-pro by the end. We'll see.

People have asked me what I'm going to eat once I can have anything I want except starch and sugar, and pretty much I have to say probably the same things I've been eating, at least for awhile. I know that eggs, some nuts, and cauliflower crust pizza are on the menu. I know I will likely want a tomato cucumber salad with feta, is likely something I'll make, and blue cheese burgers. Tonight Dave wants chili, but now we make protocol chili anyway, so that's what I'll have too. I don't know if I'll add too much cheese right away. We'll see how it goes. I did buy caraway farmers and a veggie cheddar that I like.

The biggest thing I look forward to is my cream in my coffee tomorrow. What I will still be missing for another couple of weeks...maybe up to three...is wine. Oddly enough though, right this very minute it doesn't sound remotely interesting. I just know that it comes up from time to time; it has during protocol and I'm sure it will during stabilization/maintenance. At least I don't have any social engagements coming up (other than the charity fund-raiser thing, but I'm not too worried about that anymore) where I'll be tempted. I've made too much progress.

Speaking of, my last hCG weight was 132.8 with a BMI of around 27. I'm still right on the line of 'overweight/normal' for weight according to Wii. AARP says my BMI should be between 18-26. Other places say 16-25. I'm close either way.

Typically, the last hCG weight is where you lock in, but I'm not even sure if that's what I should do. Nothing about this round was typical. Frankly, since I see the rest of my life as 'maintenance' now, I don't see a problem with continuing to lose if it's just a little. I know that when I took that stance before, I just gained it back really quickly during the loading phase of the next round, but I don't intend to have to do this again. Like Dave, I figure perhaps my body will work like it's supposed to now, and if I just keep really close tabs on calories in/calories out, I should be able to stay pretty close to where I am. But since I was shooting for 124, if I continued in that direction, I'd be ok with that, as long as it was slow and effortless.

No comments:

Post a Comment