Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 23

Finally! Down .9 lb.!

It's not over 'till it's over though, and I can tell it's not over. I went to bed early with a heating pad (girls know what I mean) and I wish I were still there instead of going to work. But it's a short day, so we'll see if I can catch some zzz's with a hot pad or a hot bath later. I was chilly also, but a hot bath fixed that. The heating pad was location specific.

BTW, a friend who is a massage therapist and on protocol and tried some different products and says that the oil is not holding her up a bit.

Also, my DH traveled all week last week and could tell he was gaining from being on his butt all day driving, in meetings and eating out (although he logged almost 15 miles on hotel treadmills). He came home and weighed in...5 lbs. up. He exercised, slept in his own bed and ate normal all weekend...lost 8 lb. in 3 days. This is what I have lived with for 25 years. Is it any wonder I was freakin' depressed??? He did protocol ONCE 5 months ago and it reset his body to the point where it works like it always did once again.

A new study just out: Vitamin D triples weight loss in those on very low calories diets. I stopped all vitamins ala Simeons...I have throughout each 'round'....I think. I may not have with the last round, and I usually do take D. Anyway, this may be one of those things on which new information sheds some light. So, I'm adding back my vit. D, magnesium/calcium and potassium. I'll wait on some of the other ones, but these may be helpful. As usual, I don't mind being a test subject.

Another thought I had, and I guess I won't know for a week or two, but since I'm only about 10-12 lb. away from my goal, I wondered if perhaps this round is harder and slower because my body is actually close to where it is supposed to be, but perhaps I have 10-12 lb. of skin that just needs to be sloughed off.

Now, this program doesn't leave sheets of skin like other situations where you evict the equivalent of a small person from your body. It is loose, and the stretch marks are scars, so they are there to stay. Everything shrunk up pretty tight so far, leaving very little in the say of sag...but everything is a little loose. It's like wearing a skin just one size too big. This is more obvious in the tub (close your eyes if this is TMI) where gravity no longer is a factor. I have a completely different contour. I likewise notice it with inverted postures in yoga. Stuff shifts.

In my clothes, especially in 'support garments' I look probably really close to where I should be. So, I just wondered if that's what's going on. Maybe it was just the period and it will all be over tomorrow and I'll continue on another 10 lb. Who knows? But if not, I'm thinking that over the course of months, as I ex-foliate and the dead skin cells are removed, and the new skin cells form over a much smaller body, (except for those stretch marks) this skin/weight might gradually disappear too.

Later-

Had my lunch before noon. I've not had that nap yet, nor a hot bath. I have much to do around the house as I will have a class here this week, but won't be home beforehand to clean and prepare, so I have to do it in advance. The thing is, I'm wiped out...still tired from last night. So, I think I'll do the tub with some Epsom salts and see how I feel after that and perhaps that nap. It think two periods in one month means I deserve some pampering and that's the closest think I have to a spa.

No comments:

Post a Comment