Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 31/Day 3

I don't know what the hell is going on, but this stabilization is just as whacked this time around as the whole protocol was!

I gained 1.3 lb. according to the scale. That still puts me .2 lb. beneath the '2 lb. over my last hCG weight' limit, but I'm going to have to do a steak day today. I actually should wait and see if there is another gain tomorrow and do it then if there is, however, my husband won't be here to make steak tomorrow. (I can't eat meat if I deal with it raw...I'm a hypocrite, not a carnivore. I wouldn't eat meat at all if I could stay thin without it. Sadly, I've come to realize being vegetarian is what made me fat & unhealthy. And I wasn't one of those vegetarians who didn't eat veggies!) So anyway, even though I've already had cream in my coffee, for the rest of the day, no cream, no food. I'll have one more cup of coffee black, and water...period. Then I'll have a great big steak and an apple tonight.

Tomorrow Dave has an out of town meeting during the day and plays basketball tomorrow night, not to mention I have a hypnosis appointment after my last appointment at work, so I'll be fending for myself with a quick meal; likely a protein shake.

My job is to troubleshoot this situation at this point. I'm eating about what FitDay says I need to eat to maintain. I'm guessing even that is too much for me. I'm also wondering if having oranges is too much sugar, natural or not, for me. I've had one each day.

So, steak day today to try to even that out, perhaps with some Smooth Move tea so that I can get back to where I can accurately figure out where I really am. The rest of the week, I'm going to concentrate on protein, and try to keep my calorie count a few hundred calories less than what fit day says I should be at. That should give me a fresh start, but since I've never gained like this before, I'm only guessing. I'm just going by what Simeons said in Pounds & Inches. I've done I think 2 steak days in the entire year. There were two days when I should have done steak days too, but didn't because Dave was out of town and I was on the run (like tomorrow would be). That is what bumped me up and made stabilization a bit harder last time. However, it was still nothing like this. I didn't run into issues this soon. I was weeks into it...after Thanksgiving and that wine I added too early in the process...before I dealt with this stuff.

11 am

Man I hate steak days! I hate 'em more than apple days!

It's not even noon yet and I'm hungry. I'm chewing gum and drinking water. I'm trying to stay distracted. I'm punched out but staying at work hoping it will be easier to not think about food if my kitchen isn't right there.

I did hop on the Tanita at work though, and there was good news and bad news. The bad news is that I weighed 136.6, however that is fully clothed and after about 2 liters of water and 5 cups of coffee (and my cups are mugs, so it was like a whole pot) so it was probably pretty close to what the home scale says.

The good news is that the Tanita tells me I have a HEALTHY BMI!! It puts me at 25.8 (if I were that on the Wii I'd be over that damn line!)My 'fat free mass' is 100.8 lb. and my water percentage is 54%. It estimates my daily caloric requirement as 2189, which is about what LiveStrong calculates, but more than FitDay...and they are all wrong, because I know I got far less than that the last couple of days and still gained. But I know that from the past as well. I also know that if I cut out all carbs, including veggies and fruits, I will maintain better. I don't want to do that this time though. I want to find a balance that will allow me to have those in my life and still stay put. I may have to cut them out for a little while though.

Later-

Had my steak and it was good. The apple was even better. My tummy is making the most bizarre sounds! It's a little like alien.

I am very tired, and oddly...well the only way I can explain it is to say full and hungry at the same time. It's very weird. In any event, I figure a hot bath and bed is better for me right now than the Wii, so I relinquished my time so Dave can do it, and I'm going up for that bubbly bath and then bed, hopefully to sleep deeply all night and wake up back where I belong.

Oh, also oddly, I had a couple of people tell me I LOOKED thinner today, and I FELT thinner today...scale obscenity notwithstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment