Monday, May 31, 2010

First Steak Day in Last Round (ever?)

I made it through the first week of stabilization just fine, but then blew it over the holiday weekend!

Granted, most of the stuff was 'allowable'...I tried Miracle Noodles (no calories, no carbs, no sugar, no starch) and I made low carb treats from the Healthy Indulgences site (gluten-free, sugar-free, but unfortunately not-calorie free!) as I experimented with making stuff with natural sugar substitutes besides stevia. Either of these would likely have been ok alone, but not only did I try them both in the same weekend, I then spent 10 hours cleaning my carpets and moving furniture (and was sore for the next two days) and I had one more glass of wine that I knew my body would allow (for the purposes of weight...I wasn't blotto or anything),which I also had too soon after dinner (I've discovered if I drink wine with food, it shows up on the scale. If I wait, it doesn't as long as I only have about 6-8 oz.-or about two 3 oz. glasses.)

So I threw all that in there in one weekend, and I was up over the two lb. mark. I knew that likely if I just took it easy yesterday, I would probably be fine, but I didn't want to take that chance. The Miracle Noodles are pure fiber that doesn't digest, but does absorb water. Sore muscles hold water to heal. The wine and sugar free treats did bump up my calorie count, but I suspected once all the water was out of my system, I'd be somewhere close to where I should be. Like I said though, if I was wrong, my window was gone, so I didn't want to risk it.

I did the steak day yesterday and was down 2.8 today.

For breakfast, we had a 3-cheese asparagus omelet (I had about one egg, Dave had two) and 1 cup of strawberries (I had chocolate stevia with mine, Dave had none). For lunch we are planning a picnic, and I will have tuna and a tomato/cuke salad. I don't know what Dave will have; maybe the same, maybe something more substantial. We'll take some macs with us when we go out gallivanting in case we hike or something and need a little extra protein. If Chelsea goes with us, she'll probably have something grain based, and that will make me sad.

For dinner, I'm planning a chicken/Gorgonzola salad with apple slices (or pear?) and a few pecans. I know with that plan, and the amount of studying I'll be doing and the phsycial exercise we'll incorporate into the day, I should be on track. (Just FYI, the brain uses up to 500 calories worth of fuel to function, while my hike may burn 350 or so.)

During the week, as long as I plan ahead, I'll be too busy to get off track at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment