Sunday, June 20, 2010

It's been a while...

It has been a long time since I posted, but life has been insane!

Keeping steady at the same place. It hasn't been too hard.

Last week, I attended a potluck and realized that the only thing there I was willing to eat was what I brought, which was a tomato, feta cuke salad. EVERYTHING else on the table had sugar or grains. 3 kinds of cookies, Dilly Bars, corn chips (with dip), potato chips (with dip), sloppy joes on buns...I think that was it. Nothing I was willing to work off.

Today, however, we ate at a nice restaurant. I did eat bread dipped in olive oil & basalmic vinegar. 2 thin slices. I ordered a chicken breast that was not oily or sweet that came with carrots, potatoes with roasted garlic and rosemary and spinach. I ate the spinach, a few slices of carrot, and a few 1 inch cubes of potato. Dave ate some too, and there were still some on the plate, so that tells you how few we ate. They were normal 'side' portions.

I did not have wine with dinner (lots of water though) but we did order a tiramisu and we split it. It was divine. Earlier we had ridden almost 5 miles through the woods...which is like 20 freakin' miles on pavement once you account for the fact that you have to keep a faster pace than the 'skeeters (and can't stop to rest for the same reason), and you must contend with sand and hills. Lots of both. We figured the 1.5 by 3 inch bit of desert, which was not very sweet anyway, was probably burned off earlier. We also rode about 10 miles on a paved bike trail the day before.

So, I hope it didn't set me back too much. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment