Friday, May 7, 2010

Still normal!

Last time I was in this range, it was only for a day. I think it only happened a couple of times, and both times it was short-lived. This time, I'm still going in the right direction at least! I'm 7.5 lb. away from my goal!

When I first started almost a year-and-a-half ago, I hoped I'd reach 124, or a size 5. This is where I had spent much of high school and my early 20s and was quite comfortable there...if I had been listening to myself instead of the reject doctor who told me I needed to lose 10 lb. (actually that was when I was 112-116), or a couple of guys who were 'just trying to be honest' to told me my butt was big, or the family member who patrolled my every bite and told me how fat I was going to be if I ate this or ate that.

But in pictures, I see myself as where I should have been all along. I see my sense of style was my own. I didn't have a self-loathing yet. In fact I was obnoxiously confident...except about my weight when those comments made me question my own perceptions and feel a little crazy at the cognitive dissonance.

Anyway, starting this journey, I would have been happy with a size 10-12 at somewhere around 145. I wasn't sure a 50 lb. drop was within reach, much less nearly double that. Last time I was 132 was the year after high school when I had my engagement picture taken (I then spent the next year getting down to 102, and when right back up to about 124-6 for a few years) and I didn't look like I do now. I looked heavier. Or maybe it's all relative?

Now I'm within reach of that goal. I'm at NORMAL on the Wii! Why that makes me happy I cannot say. I used to have a bumper sticker that said, "Why be normal?" which was sort of my philosophy of life. Ironic.

I won't weigh again for a couple of days as my Wii is still in my living room as my basement is tore up, but it looks like some lovely men are going to be working to fix that this weekend!! Between their efforts and the carpet guys, who should call any time now and be able to get that carpet in within a couple of days, I will be starting to move stuff back where it belongs. Yay! In any case, I should be able to weigh in Monday morning at least, and it should remain where it is. I may even be a couple of pounds closer to my goal!!!

This is a good thing, because last night was rough. First of all, I got out of class early. Sometimes that is occasion to kick my feet up with a glass of wine. Wanted to. Couldn't.

Then I walk in the house and my dau had been cooking food. To be fair, even though I've asked her not to cook late at night, she didn't expect me home for another couple of hours. Still, within minutes, my stomach hurt and I was fighting the urge to eat something...anything. So, I went to bed. It was the only solution I could think of that would keep me from me from messing up the day's victory. It worked. As far as I know I didn't get up in my sleep and raid the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment