Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'm aware, hardly fair

Sometimes I have clients who get very discouraged because they aren't seeing typical results, or because they are doing the exact same thing as someone else they know on protocol (or are sticking to protocol even more rigidly!) and not getting similar results.

Last night, I was at an event. Events are hard on protocol, but my dh was being honored for some work in the community, so it was important to be there.

I ate before I left so I wouldn't be tempted to eat there. I didn't eat there, nor did I have any wine, though as you know if you've been following, I really, really wanted some!

He did really well. His strategical approach was different however. He did have a glass of wine, and he did eat, but he ate the steamed veggies (not ones on the list, but a decent choice non-the-less) and he ate the chicken...he just took the pastry off and scraped off the cream sauce. He ate no bread or rice. (BTW, he explained this to me, I was not monitoring him...I'm a mentor, I do not police my clients. The scale holds them accountable, not me-unless they choose to use me for that purpose.)

I'm curious to see how he did because I gained .2 today.

1 comment:

  1. My husband can eat almost anything he wants all night, and drink up to 4 or 5 drinks, and then he loses the next day and the day after-its crazy. Us women definitely dont get a break like that!

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete