Monday, May 24, 2010

Surpirse!

I thought that steak last night would do me in, all things considered. But I'm down .7 lb. this a.m.!

Yesterday, I had an apple, 2 slices of bacon and several cups of coffee with heavy cream for breakfast. I had a handful of nuts for a snack, and then a deviled egg later. All total I had 3 deviled eggs over the course of the day.

We ate dinner early, and that consisted of a big steak (I'd say a good 6 or 7 oz.) and roasted green beans with pine nuts, garlic cloves and balsamic vinegar.

I made 'fudge', a recipe I found that was similar to Choco-delite but with almond butter in place of most of the coconut oil. [Note: I'll try this again with less almond butter and more coconut oil, because while it was ok, it was very, very sticky and too...almond-y.] I had several nibbles at various stages to see how it was turning out.

It was so nice, we hung out on the patio far too late and I enjoyed 3 3 oz. glasses of wine. Three. Along with the steak, I was figuring that alone would make today a steak day, but then add in lack of sleep from the late bedtime, and the obnoxious little bird that merrily decided 3 am was a great time to begin a 2-hour LOUD song fest and yes, I will say again I was pleasantly surprised to have a large loss instead of a gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment