Monday, January 11, 2010

This was the easiest thing I've ever done to lose weight

Essentially what finally worked for me was this HCG protocol of Dr. Simeons. In this post, I'm including the links that I used to navigate my journey. Everything I had then, you have now if you want to go it alone.

I did a lot of stuff in my attempt to lose weight before this, some of it described below, but I also want to mention a couple of things I found to be very important before I found the Simeons protocol.

A few years ago, I cut out soy, which for me was like a toxin, come to find out. I went through about 2 weeks of hot flashes, cold sweats, insomnia, and a fatigue during the day that knocked me out for hours…literally. I’d sleep for a couple of hours in the afternoon if I could.

Then I added some supplements that were good for me, though only each person can determine what is right for them. One important thing I discovered was coconut oil, but there were lots of other things.

Then a friend suggested I check out the HCG program. Dr. Simeons manuscript in its entirety is here for free, and that is where I started. Then I checked out YouTube videos for delmem and mamaclok (see sidebar links). Then I joined this Yahoo group where I found a ton of support and information. I checked out all the resources available at www.hcgprotocol.com and ordered what I needed to get started from there.

Checking out these resources will help anyone who is thinking about doing this decide if it is right for them. Why pay me if it’s all out there for free? No one has to. What I’ve done is pull together the information in an easy to access format that gets them to these resources (and many others) without having to do all the searching I did, that’s all.

So, what are the specifics?

This is NOT a ‘diet’. There is no cheating. The whole thing is precisely balanced and substitutions or alterations do not net the same amazing results. The point is to ‘reset’ the hypothalamus, so a 21-41 day commitment is required for the program, and another 6 weeks of stabilization follows.

The average weight release is a pound per day. For women, it tends to be a little less, for men a little more. Most people will lose 10-15 lb. the first two weeks.
Having seen the first two points, it should be obvious that anyone who doesn’t need to lose at least 20 lb. should not be attempting the program.

The HCG is administered either via injection or sublingually (a liquid held under the tongue). HCG is legal to order, possess and self-administer. It may be ordered via on-line pharmacies, obtained via a friendly physician, or is provided by clinics specializing in HCG weight loss.

The cost ranges from thousands at clinics, to reasonable medically monitored programs like the one I facilitate through Fox Valley Wellness (which is $1200 and includes all lab tests, support, monitoring, and supplies), to under $200 (for about a 50 lb. weight loss) if you do it yourself, depending on if you do injections for sublingual.

The HCG is combined with very low calorie input (VLCI). (In other places you will see this as VLCD, which is 'very low calorie diet', but I avoid the word 'diet' as I really want to stress that this is not a diet!) Low, as in 500 per day. The other 2000 calories needed to function is burned body fat. Most people are not hungry, though some people do go through a short and minor detoxification process as the toxins in their fat are released. Muscles loss does not occur. Lots of water is required.

Is it for everyone? No.

It may not work well for people who do not need to lose at least 20 lb. or who lose easily with diet and exercise.

It will not work for people who THINK they need to lose 'those last 10 lb.' because this program will not allow you to lose too much weight either. A person who really doesn’t need to lose weight would struggle and get nowhere.

It will not work for people who insist on altering or ignoring the protocol guidelines or people who find excuses to break the rules. The program works for those who work it.

It will not work for people who are unwilling or unable to allow change. These are the people who ‘don’t like’ every single food choice. You have to remember it may be what you ate, how you ate, or how much you ate that put on the pounds in the first place. One or all must change if you want to take them off and keep them off. This program allows you the opportunity to do that by learning what works and doesn’t work for YOU, and you learn a great deal about yourself…but you have to be willing to make some changes.


That said, I found the program very easy. Then again, I had tortured and abused my body for years trying to get rid of the fat. This was easy compared to everything else I'd done. I'm not sure if that was because it actually was easier, or because it actually worked so my perception was that it was easy because I had constant positive reinforcement. Either way, it was not difficult for me.

What I offer as far as mentoring is simply a synthesis of what I found and did for myself. I do not offer any medical advice as I am not a licensed medical professional. I do not offer counseling, as I am not a licensed mental health professional. I offer mentoring only. I am available via IM and email and charge in 15 minute increments of $10 each. That way people who need help navigating can get as little or as much as they need or can afford.

This has been a journey of self-discovery for me, and I hope it can be for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment