Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 12

Down .7 today. That's down 10.2 in 12 days. It would have been a lot better had I not messed up that first week, but I'll take it.

I slept really well; actually slept in longer than I wanted 5:45 am instead of 5:30). I have a super busy day and I want to get a jump on it.

Because I won't have much time between appointments from the time I step into the office until the time I leave, I'm taking two full protocol meals in forms that will allow me to nibble all day. I shouldn't have to eat that second meal at work, but if I get caught longer than I usually do, or if being so busy burns fuel faster, I want to have what I need to keep going.

Let's see...last night. I didn't get home until about 7 pm. I hadn't been hungry at all after my lunch, so I didn't even think about eating. By the time I got home, I didn't want to eat a full meal and go to bed still digesting that, so I ended up with the same basic situation I had the night before. I didn't end up eating all of the meal. I ate the protein, because that's the most important part, and I had the bread stick. I should have picked the veggie or fruit, but I just didn't feel like cutting stuff up or cooking. The chicken piece was a little bigger than 100g (perhaps 120-130g) so I probably got the calories, but I should have had something with fiber and other essential nutrients. Oh well. I'll do better today.

7 pm

Dave is on the Wii so I'm warming up with a cuppa and a nice fire. It's single digits here currently and the cold seems to seep into the bones. I'll get a little Wii in after he's done, but I have to say, I'm about ready to curl up in bed with the Kindle and catch some zzzzs. It was a busy day and tomorrow looks to be about the same.

I have to say though, I work with the best group of caring and wonderful people! I love my job! I like being around the people I work with, and I LOVE that the clients come in so excited about the changes in their lives and looking so fantastic!

So anyway, the day went pretty much like I thought it would. I ended up bringing my second meal home to eat, except for the cucumber slices. I nibbled those all afternoon. I've been comfortable all day, got all my water in, and feel pretty good about what I'll find tomorrow when I get on the scale.

The only thing that I'm wondering about is the strawberries: they were frozen. The package did not list sugar...just strawberries. But they tasted too sweet, and once thawed seemed to be in a syrup. I'll know tomorrow, because it will totally throw me off if there was sugar on them. You'd think they'd have to list that honestly on the label, right?

I'm starting to get to the point where I think no one is going to continue to read this until I find something interesting to research and explore, because my life is really boring! So, I'll include a little tidbit on the hazards of evil sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment