Monday, January 18, 2010

2nd day

I did end up sharing my grapefruit with Dave last night. I was actually a little hungry for real by the end of the night. That didn't happen with rounds 1 and 4, but did with 2 and 3, so it's not unheard of.

Went to bed early. Both Dave and I were beat. (He's not on protocol.) I slept like a rock. It's now 8:22 and I have yet to eat, though I've been up for about an hour and a half. I would usually not until lunch, but I'll be working over the usual lunchtime, so today I will eat my 100g of protein before I leave and take an apple and my veggie to nibble.

7:55 pm

I did eat my 100g of chicken and grissino before work, 1/2 of a cuke for lunch and an apple in the afternoon.

I did about 1/2 hour on the Wii this afternoon.

Around 5 pm I had 100g of chicken on a bed of lettuce (about 2 cups) with a drizzle (perhaps 2 tsp.) of Walden Farms Bacon Ranch dressing and a grissino. A while later I split a grapefruit with my husband.

Walden Farms dressing is not Simeons approved...because it didn't exists in the 1950s. He did approve aspartame, which was a sugar substitute that did exists. (However, now we know that's bad, bad stuff.)

Splenda supposedly isn't any better, which is why many holistic caregivers warn against its use, but I don't use consume it frequently and it makes my salad palatable. I don't mind eating just lettuce without the mixed veggies, but I want a little something with flavor and variety. Walden Farms doesn't taste like a full-fat full-sugar (yummy) dressing, but it's not bad for the most part.

I did drink some decaf with flavored stevia before and after dinner.

It's now just after 8 pm. I've had my gallon of water for the day, and I'm about to get just a few more minutes of Wii in before I head up to read in bed and go to sleep. I have a long day tomorrow, but the busier I am, the less I think of food.

I'll be quite honest, it's been on my mind a few times today. While I was busy at work, I didn't notice. Being on the computer or reading, I noticed. The fact that I could distract myself with Wii and more water or coffee says to me that I may have gotten into some bad habits. I'm just now starting to feel a bit uncomfortable about it, but I know I'll wake up tomorrow probably a pound or two lighter (today I was down 1.8 lb.) and that makes it manageable for me. I also know (because I've done it so many times before) that in a day or two, there will be times I actually forget about food or feel like I can't eat all 500 calories. So I can deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment