Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 7



Me, December 2007
















Me today,
January 23,
2010






(Kori told me I had to smile, but my eyes squinch up, so I may have to change this when I can get a decent shot.)

Anyway, I woke up hungry again; not starving, but hungry. I'm only down .7 lb. today.

As my husband pointed out, (Who shed 1.1 lb. today...he's not on the protocol. Men!) it's going in the right direction. Yes, it is. and 7.1 lb. in 7 days is nothing to scoff at. And I had 100 extra calories with those macadamias yesterday, and I had beef for dinner, which usually makes me stall or gain.

However, anyone will lose weight on 500 calories per day. That's not the point. The point is, with the hCG, it's easy to lose it, it comes off fast, and it doesn't come from muscle, but from the actual fat stores (which is one of the reasons it's so easy).

If this were working the way it typically does for me, I'd be down 10-12 lb. by today, not 7. I wouldn't be hungry. I mean not at all hungry. So, I'm frustrated that I am. I don't want to be losing muscle instead of fat (I'll have to check that on the Tanita at work) because then I'll gain it back and have to do this again, and I'd prefer not to. When it's working, it's not that it's hard, but it is boring! Well, it's boring for me. I'm not very creative or adventurous when it comes to food, so while I have a protocol cookbook, I don't tend to experiment much.

I really like my life during stabilization and maintenance. I can live life there indefinitely. Learning what I have during this program allows me to stay where I want to be for the most part.

So, I have to figure out if it's my body, or my hCG, or some variable I have in my life that is making this so slow and more difficult.

11:30 am

I'm thinking I actually could eat soon. I may have chili, just for some variety, and see if it stalls me.

I'm feeling better after trying to get dressed today. I tried on 4 pairs of pants, only to find them all to big to wear! The ones I have on now are too, but they have a drawstring, so I can keep them on. The others were yoga pants or needed a belt, but would pucker if I belted them.

Sigh. Okay, continuing is a little easier after that.

6:30 pm

Dinner: Salad, chicken, grissino a few minutes ago. I had strawberries with a drop of chocolate stevia for a snack mid-afternoon, and some decaf.

I also had two pieces (less than a tbsp. total) of Tim's Chocolate Delight...which hasn't tripped me up in the past, but who knows this time.

I've had at least 3 more liters of water.

Going to get some Wii time in now to deal with the frustration of dealing with my crappy web host all damn day!

Later:

Leg cramps during Wii. There are a couple of games that are hard on my calves, but leg cramps are normal on protocol; not typical, but normal.

I know I'm not dehydrated, but it's a distinct possibility I drank too much water today.

I took calcium, potassium and magnesium.

1 comment:

  1. Kim, Placed my order - looking forward to receiving my package and getting started. Will you be able to counsel online?? This is not something i have ever done or even thought of...i may need yout to hold my hand a bit. I hope you have your paypal thing going.
    Love you!! Talk to you soon?!!? I am off to eat sushi for lunch with my bunch girl friends here in EL - our weekly debreifing.

    ReplyDelete