Friday, April 30, 2010

What an absolutely beautiful day!

I didn't have to get up before dawn, I'm on the patio soaking up the sun with a cup of java...life is good.

Last night was not so good. I was so hungry it was painful, but I know why. I had to stay up late to finish a 4 page take-home essay quiz, and I didn't 'secure my environment'. My daughter came home from school and started baking yummy smelling stuff and then eating it just few feet away. I thought I could handle it, but my stomach was growling so loud it would have been comical if it weren't so painful. I wanted what she was having. I wanted a glass of wine. I wanted cookies, or chocolate. I had a handful of macadamia nuts and I'm only down .7 lb. today. I know it would have been more without the nuts, but I also know had I started in on any of the things I actually wanted (all of which were in the house) I likely wouldn't have stopped and I'd be UP 3 lb. today. I just could not give myself permission to do that. There was nothing I could say to myself to make that ok.

So where that leaves me today is back in the ten-point-something range of my goal weight. I'm still not down to the lowest I had been last time, but within my comfort range. I'm confident I can reach my goal in the 3-4 weeks I have left in this round. The only variable I'm concerned about is that today I'll be in the basement (that just kills me since it BEAUTIFUL today) with plaster and paint, up and down stairs and ladders about a billion times. I don't know how that will play out on 500 calories. I know I can stick to the program without issue because I'll be covered in paint, thus only eating when I'm not. Tomorrow, with my classes, I'll only be able to eat before and after, so again, no problem with sticking to it. I tend to not even be hungry when I'm teaching just because I'm doing my favorite thing...talking about birth!

So, it will be interesting the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment