Friday, August 27, 2010

Decisions, decisions

I am up 1.5 lb. today.

Yesterday, I'm positive did not eat more than 1200 calories; no sugar, no starch. I didn't even have nuts yesterday. I tracked every bite.

I didn't exercise hard enough to initiate water weight retention. I did haul the monster vacuum cleaner to all three floors and did a little Wii, but not strength training or anything.

Thus, I could conclude my body is just adjusting to processing more food and is doing so slowly. I'm not over 2 lb. even from yesterday, so technically, there is no cause for a steak day. My options are, in order of sensibility:

ignore it and eat normally today
[in addition to the above] have some Smooth Move tea and see if moving things along changes anything
do a steak day anyway


I'm actually leaning toward the last option, mainly because I was already thinking I might have steak tonight. It's Friday, our traditional steak night, for one thing. For another, I haven't had beef in well over a month and it sounded good for tonight. For another, I loathe Smooth Move tea--both the taste and the effects. It works, for sure, but I hate it. I'd rather just not eat today and treat myself to that steak tonight.

Another reason I'm going to tend to be so stringent on keeping that scale steady for the next week is that I'm going to have a little less control next week. I don't want to take chances. I'm exactly where I wanted to be when I started this journey. I'm not losing ground now!

I guess my decision has been made. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment