Sunday, August 8, 2010

Boy! Did I pick a bad time for this!

So, once again, I was gone for the weekend. That means that 5 out of the 11 VLCI days, I was not even at home and had to navigate awkward situations. The first time, there was a family situation that was unexpected, but this time, it had been planned for a long time.

The first time, I did not find it so hard to stay on protocol. I was busy and my mind was on other things. This time, it was sort of a social situation...visiting friends at their cabin. The hostess made a wonderful dinner and breakfast with me in mind, and I ungraciously declined to partake in order to stay on protocol. And the food looked really good! If I had been on maintenance, without the hCG, I might have been a lot more tempted. As it was, I wasn't hungry, so it wasn't bad to just eat my own food at allotted times. Even then, I wasn't actually very hungry; I just ate so I'd stay on track and get my calories in. It was awkward to not partake, but like I said the hosts were very kind and understanding. The harder part was resisting a glass of wine or two as everyone else partook of cocktails!!!

That's hard right now too. It's a beautiful night for being on the patio with a class of Merlot. Sigh.

In the next couple of weeks, I have my husband's 55th birthday, and a once in a lifetime family reunion, both of which should include good food and libations, but I, reluctantly, in order to stay on track, will enjoy the company of my loved ones, but will not be enjoying the food and drink with them. Again, sigh.

I almost feel that I need to stay on protocol because it is the knowledge of how unforgiving the hcg is that keeps me on track. If I thought I could wiggle a little on stabilization, I may very likely be willing to risk the whole shebang. That would surely derail me. Although, I have to say, I'd like to NOT be on protocol, or even in the first 3 weeks of stabilization, for my 25th wedding anniversary. Timing is critical here. Thus, I really (really, really) hope that 1. I run out of hCG 3 weeks prior to my anniversary (because I am loathe to waste that stuff!) and b. reach my goals in that same time frame.

I don't know how I'm doing currently because my Wii was messed up the day we left for the cabin, so I have no clue what I weighed yesterday or today. We fixed it, so I will be able to check in tomorrow for a progress report. I expect to be on target simply because I was so good this weekend. My only guilty moment (and I confess it was due to feeling deprived of the good food, not hunger, so GASP! a cheat) was literally 6-8 macadamia nuts this morning. I'm going to get some Wii time in, or yoga, after I'm done here to try to atone for that.

Anyway, I do expect to be somewhere near target tomorrow a.m., which would mean finally back down to where I am most comfortable. That would mean that anything beyond that takes me down to where the Wii and BMI tables tell me I should be. Well, not exactly. According to charts and the Wii, I'm shooting for 116. I'm not really. I'd be very, very happy with 119-124 as my 5 lb. range. I was 134 on Friday. I would hope I can do 10 lb. in 2 weeks, 15 in 6 should I choose to take it that far...although that messes up my anniversary plans. We'll see. If I'm still going strong, no matter what I want for my anniversary, this is more important. I'm thinking if I have to go the distance with the full 6 weeks to get where I want to be, I can put our celebration off for a couple of weeks. It's just a day. The important part is that we celebrate it together, whenever we are able.

(Just trying to talk myself into compliance for the duration here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment