Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bad combination

Yesterday, I left the house for the day with only enough 'safe' food for a few hours, and we ended up being gone ALL day.

We delivered my dau's cat to her new apartment, meaning I am now an 'empty nester' and my dau is officially embarking on the journey of the rest of her life. So, we were in a celebratory mood, I was hungry by the end of the day AND...the final straw...my favorite restaurant was only 10 min. away.

We went, and initially I was good. No bread from the bread basket, no bun with the burger, no fries or anything...just salad with blue cheese. I did have wine with my dinner, and I did split a piece of cheesecake with my husband.

I dreaded facing the scale this a.m. To make matters worse, we stayed up late last night, and slept in really late today, so I was weighing about 3 or 4 hours later than usual. It's hot and humid, (we don't have the AC on yet) and I can feel my fingers are swollen. There was also likely more salt in restaurant food than I usually use.

All contributing to my weigh in, but none so much as the fact that I had 1000 calories in before we went out to dinner, and likely ate at least 1000-1500 more there.

I was up 1.5, which means I gained back all I lost on the steak day on Friday plus about .2 of a lb. However, after a couple of cups of Smooth Move (TMI, but no 'movement' all weekend, so for the last two days, nothing that's gone in has exited) and a day of bike riding and hiking and eating normal amounts of 'safe' foods for me, I should be able to get a more accurate assessment of where I really am. I can't do another steak day; it's too soon. I've found they don't work well if they are used too often. Besides, I don't enjoy them...I endure them.

No comments:

Post a Comment