Sunday, July 11, 2010

Really???

Ok, I had to blog this just because it's asinine.
Over the last two days, the scale says I'm up two pounds (putting me at an all time high since November 2009) while my dh is DOWN 3.5 lb. in the same two days, doing the exact same things, and eating the exact same amounts of the exact same foods.
Since the 4th weekend, I lost what I had gained over the holiday, with steady losses all week.
Friday we both had some time off and made plans that commenced with dinner together that night.
Well, that's not exactly right. We had a yoga date Thursday night, and then had to grocery shop for your weekend.
So anyway, Friday, I cooked protocol/stabilization friendly trip foods. I made herbed eggs, no wheat/no sugar biscuits, mom's (no)potato salad and allowable blueberry cheesecake.
I had done an hour-and-a half of yoga one day, biked to work and back on Thursday (8-9 miles round trip) and did just he sun salutation series a few times with dh to stretch that ride out.
Friday, I did taste test while I was cooking because all of these were new or variations on stuff I'd tried just once or twice before. But with each test, I'd have halve and dh would have half and tell me what he thought.
We had steak that night for dinner, his twice the size of mine and mine a choice cut at that. Nothing else.
I had two glass of wine out on the patio...didn't finish the 2nd; he had a couple of his drinks (whiskey).
Sat. we made egg/muffin sandwiches with the low carb biscuits, had some coffee, and loaded the bikes to go 'up nort'. (It's a 'Sconsin thing.) We ended up doing quite a bit more riding in the car than we planned, but ultimately did get out and a.) hike a big ass hill and b.) ride 5 miles in the woods, the latter half of that trip trying to out run a thunder storm that was moving in off the lake.
Our road food left dh starving, while I was quite satiated the whole time. We packed LOTS of H2O (no sodas or anything else), 1 small serving (>1/2 cup or so) each of the (no)potato salad, 1 2 in. sq. ea. of the cheesecake, 2 apples (that did not get eaten...we were full at lunch and didn't eat them, but forgot about them in the cooler), a nut/dried berry trail-mix, Jay Robb protein shakes (also not consumed becuase we never stopped to pick up goats milk) and Atins bars.
The things we ate had no sugar or starches and are typically things that make us lose. However, I had 'gained' 1.1 lb. the day after the steak (as usual, unless it's the ONLY thing I eat all day as part of a IF (Intermittent Fast) and I didn't recover from that yet.
I will say, because I 'followed the rules' and because my rings and clothes are fitting normally, even in the heat and humidity when I usually have to take the rings off, I'm going to assume that I'm building muscle or something.
I would have been in a tailspin in the past! Honestly, if I had hCG in my possession, I'd probably panick and start another round right now, because I don't like seeing the scale where it is!
But, I'm going to breathe deeply, ride again today, yoga again today, beach it again today, eat what I know works for me again today, and trust that tomorrow I'll be down. I may make some smooth move tea just to make sure I'm weighing only my actual weight and nothing else, and I'll have an all protein day.
Oh, I did weigh a couple of hours later than the last few days, too. That always makes a difference, and usually no in my favor.
But how frustrating it is to be with someone 24/7, doing the exact same things...even eating LESS and having almost exact opposite results. That SUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment